If you’re like most dirt bike owners, you probably don’t have the time or money to send your plastics out to a professional for a deep clean and polish. And even if you did, it’s not something you can do every week or month.
So, what’s the next best thing? How to make Dirt Bike Plastics look new? You can give your dirt bike plastics a deep clean and polish yourself using some simple steps and supplies. In this article, we will show you how to make dirt bike plastics look new again.
Our process is simple and easy to follow, and it will save you a lot of money compared to buying new plastics. You should read how to make a dirt bike faster.
- Bucket of warm water
- Plastic gloves
- Sponge or cloth
- Dish soap
- Ammonia (or vinegar or lemon juice)
- Clean cloth
How to make dirt bike plastics look new?
First, gather your tools and materials, and remove the plastic or tank from the frame of the dirt bike with the help of a screw. After doing that, you are ready to start the process.
1st Step: Clean your Plastic
Wash your dirt bike plastics off with warm soapy water to remove any grime or other contaminants. Use a sponge or cloth for the best results. Rinse the bike and let it air dry. Use a paper towel or cloth to remove any excess water from your bike. You should also know how to clean a dirt bike chain.
2nd Step: Remove the Rust
Clean the dirt bike plastics with a solution of water, dish soap, and ammonia or vinegar. Mix until paste forms. Start scrubbing on the plastic edges where rust tends to accumulate first. Once all of the rust is removed, you can use your fingers or scrubbers to remove any remaining grime from the surface of the plastic.
3rd Step: Remove the Scratches
To remove the scratches, you should use a paste of toothpaste and water. Apply the paste to the plastic of your dirt bike. After some minutes, remove the paste by using a cloth or using a razor carefully.
4th Step: Dry out plastic
Dry out plastic After removing the paste, allow your plastic to air dry for about 20 minutes.
5th Step: Polish your Plastic
Apply polish to the dirt bike plastic with a cloth. A polish that is made for plastics will do a better job than one meant for metal. Keep it simple, like polishing aluminum or chrome, and use baby powder or flour as an additive to get into tight spaces and holes in the plastic.
6th Step: Apply Plastic Protectant
Now that the dirt bike plastics are clean and free from rust, you can apply a film of plastic protectant to the surface of your bike’s plastic. It will protect your dirt bike plastic from further damage.
Now, you can see how to make dirt bike plastics look new. Now, you can enjoy riding your bike like a new one.
Other Methods how to make Dirt Bike plastics look new:
- Use a stiff wire or pipe cleaner. Gently scrub the dirt and debris off the plastics with the wire or brush.
- Use a toothbrush with water only to remove hard-to-reach dirt, hair, and grease.
- Use an electric hand vacuum cleaner with a dryer attachment to suck up all of the dust, sand, mud, and other stains. This tool is great for sucking up dirt and debris that is hard to reach with a toothbrush or brush.
- Use alcohol to remove any remaining debris from the brush bristles for best results.
- Use a razor or knife to remove scratches if present. Then use polish for shining.
- Start by removing all the accessories, like the mirrors.
- The best way to clean plastics is to use mild soap and plenty of water. Rinse thoroughly to get rid of any excess soap residue. Be sure to dry the plastics completely to prevent the formation of mold or mildew.
- Mix the dishwasher detergent, vinegar, and water in an empty spray bottle. Shake well to combine. Spray onto surfaces and wipe clean.
- WD-40 is a lubricant and protectant that can be sprayed liberally over the bike’s plastic surfaces that are not mechanical, such as around levers or the fuel tank area. It will help to keep these areas looking new and protect them from the weather.
- Clean your bike with a high-pressure hose and clean water. Allow the bike to sit for fifteen minutes and you will be surprised at how much dirt and dust will come off.
- Remove scratches from your dirt bike plastic by watching this video.
- Do not use a heat source like a dryer or oven to speed up the drying process – this can warp and crack the plastics of your dirt bike.
- If you’ve ever tried to fix a bike, you know that it’s not always easy. But it’s always worth it. When you finally get the bike working again, you can ride around with a feeling of accomplishment. Plus, your bike is probably shinier than before.
- Dirt bikes are very prone to sunlight and dust. If not taken properly care of, it can get damaged easily. A good way to protect it from all these elements is to use a plastic cover. This will not only protect the dirt bike from the sun but also the dust.
Plastics are often classified as, either brittle or tough. Brittle plastics can break easily, and have low impact resistance, while tough plastics are much more resistant to breaking, and shattering. However, even brittle plastics can be restored to a satisfactory level, if they aren’t broken and are handled properly.
The recycled materials can be used to produce new products of good quality. It is important to keep the plastics from breaking into small pieces to improve the recycling process.
- Use alcohol to clean dirt bikes if possible. Because soaps can damage your dirt bike plastics.
- Wash your dirt bike plastics thoroughly to remove dirt from them.
- Remove all kinds of stickers from plastics with the help of a razor.
- There are many types of protective gear that you can use when you are working with hazardous materials.
You can check our article on the best electric dirt bikes for 13 years old if you want to buy a new dirt bike.
FAQS about how to make dirt bike plastics look new?
Can you polish dirt bike plastics?
Yes, you can polish dirt bike plastics. It’s a good idea to do so regularly. Dirt and mud can build up on the surface of the plastic and cause it to look cloudy and dirty. Polish will help to remove the dirt and restore the shine to the plastic.
There are a few different ways to polish dirt bike plastics. Some people use a commercial plastic polish, while others use a home remedy made from vinegar and baking soda. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. Otherwise, you may end up damaging the plastic instead of polishing it.
How do you fix plastic on a dirt bike?
There are a few ways to fix plastic on a dirt bike. The most common way is to use a type of adhesive called PlastiDip. This is a liquid that you can apply to the plastic. It will create a protective layer that will keep the plastic from damaging.
Another method is to use a repair kit. This kit will typically include a tube of adhesive, some patches, and a sandpaper-like material called Emery cloth. Apply the adhesive to the damaged area of your plastics.
There are many ways to make dirt bike plastics look new again. You can use a heat gun, a hairdryer, or a can of compressed air. You can also use a degreaser or wax. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
In this article, we cover the easiest and most popular method of cleaning your dirt bike plastics. By following these easy steps, you can make your dirt bike plastics look new again in no time! A good motorcycle detailer can achieve the same effects, but these steps are a great way to save money and get the job done yourself.
You should follow our advice to make your dirt bike plastic look new. Use a plastic cover for extra protection. A plastic cover can help to keep your bike looking new for longer.
I hope you enjoyed my article ”How to make Dirt Bike Plastics look new?”. If you have any queries related to how to make dirt bike plastics look new then please comment to let us know.